Sunday, March 27, 2011

Chain Four: My FIRST pattern and FOURTH amigurumi creation!

Wow...it has been a while since I last posted, but I just couldn't find the time to actually sit down and write something.  Luckily for me the weather has been relatively gloomy these past few days and I've run out of things to do...THUS, time to update the blog!

As I mentioned in my last post, I wanted my next crochet project to be my own pattern...since I've done well with basic shapes, etc.  And that first pattern would be none other than Maximillion Pegasus from the Yu-Gi-Oh! series.  Well, without further delay here he is!



Isn't he awesome!?!  I had BIG plans to hand embroider the eyes; however, I got lazy...so I made them from felt.  There is also pipe cleaners in all of his limbs so he is fully poseable!  The only thing left for me to add to him is the trim for his suit, which I also plan on cutting from felt.  But other than that, he is complete!

And what would a true villain be without a throne upon which to devise his cunning and ruthless plans?  Thus, the next project will be to make a chair for him to sit in!  I've already found a pattern...look:



It looks great!  However, I have to blow it up to make it size-appropriate for my little Maximillion.  Also, the pattern is hard for a novice like me to understand so I believe there will be quite a lot of winging it, and profanities hurled into the cosmos!  I should also note that I WILL NOT be making it pink!  I'm thinking black with either red or white trim...yeah, that screams EVIL VILLAIN to me!!

Wish me luck, and as always...It's time to get ballsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment