Saturday, August 21, 2010

Slip Stitches: Movie Review - Scott Pilgrim vs. The World

With this section of my blog, I want to focus on the world outside of knitting: whether that be movies, books, video games, or whatever random happenings I stumble upon or into.  For the very first edition of Slip Stitches I've decided to do a movie review of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.


For those of you who don't know, this film is based on a graphic novel series, and if you have any desire to learn more about this series follow this super awesome link to nerdiness

But even if you have never read the graphic novels, like myself, you will still have your face rocked by its shear awesomeness if you like any of the following: video games, nerds, awkward social situations, kick-ass action, 8-bit music, and a storyline that doesn't take itself too seriously. 

I will not give away any spoilers, just in case anyone has a desire to see this film, but the basis of the plot is that Scott Pilgrim falls in love with a girl; however, in order to date her he has to defeat all of her evil-exes.  And the hilarity ensues!

So here is my breakdown of Scott Pilgrim vs. The World:

The Good: Fans of video games will absolutely LOVE this film.  The 8-bit music and constant homage to classic games is a nerd's wet dream!  I hate the main actor of this film, Michael Cera ,and I have to say that I STILL loved it...even with his face in every frame :D.

The Bad: The only bad thing I have to say about this film, besides Michael Cera, is that there is nothing ever at stake.  Scott just randomly goes through life happening upon each member of the "Evil League of Exes."

The Ugly: I really feel that only a select audience will truly appreciate this film.  But for those who do, it is one kick-ass, rolling in the floor with laughter, nerd-out of a movie!

Overall, I give it 4.5 out of 5 needles.  I couldn't give it a 5 because of Cera's presence in the film!

No comments:

Post a Comment